Hotmail is also called Windows Live mail. Hotmail is usually a free email service which gives you unlimited storage, quick search, strong security and an interface easy like desktop email software. Windows Live Hotmail also works fine on Smartphone. This email address is also your Microsoft account. You can use it to sign in to Microsoft sites and services.
How to Make a New Hotmail or Live Mail Account:
- Open any web browser and go to the hotmail.com site. Click “Sign up now” button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Then you see a Form like below. Fill up with this form –
- Type your First name and last name in the “Name” field.
- Select your birth date and gender in the “Birth date” and “Gender” field.
- Type your username, which will be your email and login address and it must be unique in the “Microsoft account name” field. Click the arrow to choose “hotmail” or “live” domain name to your email address.
- Enter the password you want for you’re a new account, which is needed for login. You must enter it twice in the “Create a password” and “Reenter password” field. Password must be at least eight characters.
- Enter your phone number and alternate email address in the “Phone number” and “Alternate email address” field. This field will help you recover your Hotmail account when hacked or forget the password. Otherwise you can choose a security question to click “Or choose a security question” on behalf of phone number and alternate email address.
- Choose your country in the “Country/region” field and enter the postal or zip code in the “Postal Code” field.
- Type the Captcha code in the box field as you see it. This code case sensitive. If you did not understand the captcha code you can click the “New” to see a new code.
- Then, click the “I accept” button.
How to Sign in and Sign out from Hotmail:
- Open your web browser and go to the hotmail site. Then enter your email address and password in below Microsoft Accounts field. Then, Click the “Sign In” button.
- After Sign into your account you see images like this below.
- Click “Sign Out” button in the above-right corner of the screen.
How to send Email:
- Sign In your mail account and then click “Send email” button in the above left side of the screen. Then, you see compose box.
- In the “To” field input your message’s recipient’s email address (where you want to send email), in the “Subject” field type your subject name (A brief summary of the topic of the message) and in the blank field write your message and then, click “Send” button. (You can also attach files and photo to click on the formation toolbar.)