We know all about that, What is Linux and Why we use it. Basically Linux is an open source operating system and its use of Server system. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or RHEL5 is an update version of Linux.
Today, I am sharing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Installation process step by step tutorial.
1. RHEL 5 DVD
2. Free Space 13 GB
3. RAM 512 MB
1. Input your Linux DVD in the DVD Rom and select boot from CD Drive.
2. Now, you see a menu, then press ENTER key to start the RHEL 5 Installation Process.
3. Then, click Skip > Next > Next > Next (select U.S. International)
4. And choose ‘Skip entering Installation Number’ and click OK > Skip > Yes button.
5. Then, Choose ‘Create custom layout’ (Arrow key) and click Next button.
6. Then, click New button and create a new hard disk partition, follow this steps below –
- / (Mount Point) – ext3 (Arrow) – 512 (size) – ok
- /home(Mount Point) – ext3 – 1000 (size) – ok
- /usr (Mount Point) – ext3 – 4000 (size) – ok
- /var (Mount Point) – ext3 – 4000 (size) – ok
- Swap (File system type) – 1700 (2 or 1 ½ of ram memory)
6. After complete the partitions create click Next button.
7. Select ‘No boot loader will be installed’ and click Next > Next > Next (select Region) button.
8. Now type your Root password, minimum 6 characters and click Next button.
9. Select ‘Custom Now’ and click Next.
10. Highlight the ‘Base System’ and check mark the ‘System Tools’, then click Next button.
11. Click Next > Reboot button
12. After reboot your Computer, click Forward > Forward (Yes, I agree to the License Agreement) > Forward > Forward > Forward > Forward > Forward (No, I prefer to register at a later time)> Forward (No thanks, I’ll connect later) > Forward > Forward > Continue > Forward > Finish.
Switch to our mobile site