We know all about that, What is Linux and Why we use it. Basically Linux is an open source operating system and its use of Server system. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or RHEL5 is an update version of Linux.
Today, I am sharing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Installation process step by step tutorial.
1. RHEL 5 DVD
2. Free Space 13 GB
3. RAM 512 MB
1. Input your Linux DVD in the DVD Rom and select boot from CD Drive.
2. Now, you see a menu, then press ENTER key to start the RHEL 5 Installation Process.
Press ‘Enter’ Key for Graphical mode installation start
3. Then, click Skip > Next > Next > Next (select U.S. International)
CD check Skip
4. And choose ‘Skip entering Installation Number’ and click OK > Skip > Yes button.
Skip entering Installation Number
5. Then, Choose ‘Create custom layout’ (Arrow key) and click Next button.
Create custom layout
6. Then, click New button and create a new hard disk partition, follow this steps below –
create a new Linux HDD partition
- / (Mount Point) – ext3 (Arrow) – 512 (size) – ok
- /home(Mount Point) – ext3 – 1000 (size) – ok
- /usr (Mount Point) – ext3 – 4000 (size) – ok
- /var (Mount Point) – ext3 – 4000 (size) – ok
- Swap (File system type) – 1700 (2 or 1 ½ of ram memory)
6. After complete the partitions create click Next button.
complete HDD partition
7. Select ‘No boot loader will be installed’ and click Next > Next > Next (select Region) button.
Select ‘No boot loader will be installed’
8. Now type your Root password, minimum 6 characters and click Next button.
input your linux ‘root; login password
9. Select ‘Custom Now’ and click Next.
select ‘Custom Now’ and click Next button.
10. Highlight the ‘Base System’ and check mark the ‘System Tools’, then click Next button.
highlight ‘Base System’ and check mark ‘System Tols’ then click Next.
11. Click Next > Reboot button
12. After reboot your Computer, click Forward > Forward (Yes, I agree to the License Agreement) > Forward > Forward > Forward > Forward > Forward (No, I prefer to register at a later time)> Forward (No thanks, I’ll connect later) > Forward > Forward > Continue > Forward > Finish.